Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ps2 Kingdom Hearts on my PC (Pcsx2 Emulator)


I finally got the first Kingdom Hearts game!


In one of my previous entries I talked about the Pcsx2 Emulator and how I would try it out as soon as I got the Kingdom Hearts PS2 game. Well, I got it now so like I said in that entry, I uploaded a video on Youtube to show my experience using it.

It took me a while to get the set up all right so it would play. I even went around the internet to search for help. When it didn't work at first I decide to download the newer version, Pcsx2 0.9.7. It played on that version the first time but was laggy. Later, I figured out the problem for the first version I downloaded, Pcsx2 0.9.6 and it played smother then the newer version for some reason. So in my experience:

Pcsx2 0.9.6

Pros
-plays the game smother
Cons
-When you close the game window you can't proceed



Pcsx2 0.9.7

Pros
-You can proceed when you close the game window
-I can go to and edit the "Ps2 Menu"
-video is higher resolution
Cons
-Game is laggy


The Pcsx2 0.9.7 laggyness might have something to do with the high resolution setting, but I'm not sure yet. Here's the video I uploaded:



I also leaner you can't just play the Ps2 disk directly to the emulator. Even the video shows me putting the game in the cd drive, you have to convert the game to an iso file in order for it to play. I used Magiciso.

Questions, comments? Leave them below.

1 comments:

sweeter Blog :) So Technisch :)

nillophil.blogspot.com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More