Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A new Dante for Devil May Cry 5



My first impression of one my favorite video games was "Oh. Dear God. What have they done to Dante?!" I've been waiting about a year for this game to come out and this is what they do to there fans? Don't get me wrong the game trailer looked decent but the background setting and Dante's appearance are completely different then the previous Devil May Cry series.

If you take a close look at "Dante" you see he has scars, bruises, and skin discoloration. Not a good look unless you're a zombie or emo Twilight fan (yeah, I went there). He has a United kingdom flag on one arm of his jacket. He's not really eye candy like Dante or Nero, but that's not the real issue here.

I'm not one of the fans that are upset because his hair isn't white or because he looks like a starving hobo. No, It's because Ninja Theory completely rebooted the series and changed Dante's character. Completely. This isn't Dante with a new look, this is a different guy. If Nina Theory wanted to change everything about the game except Dante's name and the demons, then they should have just made this game with a different title. The game would more likely be accepted by people if this game wasn't a reboot of DMC. I was hoping the next DMC game would tell us more about Nero's relation with Kyria.

Biased off the trailer, the new DMC game doesn't look like anything special. The new Dante was just fighting demons with some kicks and flips while destroying things. I am not amused by this. Where's the story plot? Usually, game trailers give us some idea what the game will be about. And why is he the only one we see in the trailer?

I'm actually hoping the game turns out bad so Capcom will bring back Dante or Nero. However, is this game turns out to be fantastic, I'll change my opinion.

4 comments:

Ah, much better. Now what was I going to say?

Oh right! What a shocking turn of events. An Eastern game where the guy actually looks like a guy, as opposed to the disturbing genderless species Japan has been trying to create for the past couple of decades. And his hair doesn’t even defy gravity!

Meanwhile the western RPG Dragon Age 2 is looking more like Final Fantasy every day. It's like they're all switching places.

@ Drake Sigar
Uhh... I'm not sure what you're trying to say, lol.

I’ll try again. :P

The developers of Devil May Cry are Japanese, yet they are going for a Western look.

The developers of Dragon Age 2 are American, yet they are going for an Eastern look.

@ Drake Sigar

I don't you understand my point.

I said I'm disappointed with this soon to be release game because "Ninja Theory completely rebooted the series and changed Dante's character". I didn't say anything about anyone looking eastern or western.

I also said the gameplay didn't impress me. It's not just about looks.

Read before you comment.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More